Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Be More...

Have you realized that you were meant for something more and you're just staring at the wall?

My realization came the last time I fasted.
God said... "You know it's nice that you can give up food...but when did you schedule time for Me?
When is our time? Not just when you can... but My time... when is it?"

He continued,"Don't just "Fit me in" to your life. Find life in Me and I will fill you."

...and I'm just looking at Him like a moron like I don't know what to do - you know like men do when women have just told them they have an issue with them?

A big blank stare.

It's just that we hear God and don't move... least I do... I mean I've moved to Houston and I've done this and that but really is that one thing enough? Is just one move all He is looking for?

It's like playing chess with a Gary Kasperov... and He sets you up for a monumental upset. You will win a chess match you have no business winning - let alone being a part of - but here you are in the position to win. He knows it and you know it. What's even more amazing is the champion is pulling for you. He looks at you with a smile and says, "Your move."

And you do nothing.

Just a big blank stare.

You could win the un-winable battle and you do nothing.

See life is like that. A battle we couldn't win - one we shouldn't be a part of, but here we are... in the position to win.

God is looking for a REAL TRANSFORMED life and so many of us don't move...
A transformed life is
- not just being kind to others.
- not just worshipping on Sunday.
- not just reading the Word throughout the week.
...but a REAL amazing DISTRACTING to others change... you know?... like what the heck happened to you?

I want to be that...

I want to be that kind of changed when someone meets you they say, "What was that?" and the only response is "Jesus is in that person." Jesus must be real 'cause look at how they live their life.

My bible says that signs will accompany His believers and I want those signs to accompany me...
Mark 16:15-18 15He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation. 16Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. 17And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well."

I want to drive out demons.
I want to pick up snakes.
I want poison to not hurt me.
I want to place my hands on the sick and them get well - not for my glory, but for HIS because I am HIS!

This is what I mean...
God is calling us to more and we're just dipping our feet in the shallow
That's what He's saying...

He's saying "What more do I have to do for you to have that kind of faith?
You have seen and heard... so BE."

"Your move..."

No comments:

Post a Comment