Monday, February 9, 2009

Sunday Set List 02/08/09

This is my second "Sunday Set List" for Fred McKinnon's blog.
You can find other worshippers' set lists here -
http://www.fredmckinnon.com/myblog/2009/02/08/sunday-setlists-29/

Again - I really enjoy reading other people's set lists.
Go to Fred's blog and see what other people are doing...
Right now :-)

Again, please feel free to comment on my entries as I love to hear what others think.

This weekend was back to our blended service.
I was lead to sing a few more hymns than normal, but I felt they fit - and that's where God was leading so who am I to argue?
Brother Donny was speaking on "Excellence Follows the Path of Determination" - so that's where our songs were centered around...
With that in mind, here is the Set List for February 8th.

SET LIST
Intro by pianist and organist

Welcome by Brother Donny

Baptism of Dylan Euton

Songs of Worship
1. Come, Now is the Time to Worship
2. I Worship You Almighty God
3. I Give You My Heart

Offertory Prayer
Offertory
4. "Spirit of the Living God" Carol Joe Werner on Piano

Praise and Worship
5. I Am Resolved
6. Footsteps of Jesus
7. Have Thine Own Way
8. Nearer My God to Thee

Choir Special
9. "Before The Throne of God Above" Lifeway Anthem

Sermon
"Excellence Follows the Path of Determination" - Pastor Donny Harbers

Invitation
10. Take My Life

Announcements

Closing
11. Take My Life

The congregation really responded to this service.
It is interesting to see how groups respond to change - anyway...
If you want to know more about what I thought, watch my worship confessional.
I talk faster than I type...
It will be posted on my blog ( http://godpowered.blogspot.com/ ) later today.

Blessings and have a great week!
Kendall

2 comments:

  1. Hey,
    Thanks a ton for participating in "Sunday Setlists" here ... you know, on those hymns .. that's when they are best ... not when they are "forced" to be blended, but when they fit ... and the same goes for the modern songs ... just go with what "fits".

    For the Kingdom,
    Fred McKinnon
    www.fredmckinnon.com
    www.theworshipcommunity.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kendall it's great to see you on here now! Great set list. we do Sojourns version of "Before the Throne" another vibey version. Thanks for the comment the other day. Blessings this week!

    HL

    ReplyDelete