Monday, July 12, 2010

Sunday Set List 7-11-2010

Links

This is part of “Sunday Set Lists” at TheWorshipCommunity.com

Here is the link to this week’s carnival: http://www.theworshipcommunity.com/sunday-setlists-103-july-11-2010/

If you’d like to view Our PlanningCenterOnline link: http://www.planningcenteronline.com/plans/1508844/public

Set List

Walk In Song

Our God - Tomlin

Worship

You You Are God - Gateway Worship

Glorious - Paul Baloche

To Deserve - Jonathan Stockstill

Message: Special Guest

Matt Gibson from His Touch in Texas City

Altar Call

At The Cross - Hillsong

Confessional

OK - today is a real confessional. Not about the songs but about the worship.

So - this morning I was really distracted. My voice is not fully healed from camp 2 weeks ago. So, I can’t sing like I want to. Additionally - this was not the best week for me in terms of clinging to God (which is SO important to each of us.) So I didn’t come in as ready as I normally am for worship (Ironic that I spoke on being prepared for worship last week - I feel like such a hypocrite)

Anyway, I had no idea that our speaker would bring such fire when he spoke. But - more importantly to me - I didn’t have to wait until he spoke. I could feel the Spirit radiating from him and his wife during worship. Their fire lit my fire! It was that evident. So, here is “the worship leader” being led in worship by members of the congregation who brought fire and incense to His throne when I came unprepared. Seriously. You might not have known it being at Faith Sunday morning but that’s what happened. I was not going to lead a great service. It wasn’t in me this week. God said, “So what. I’m going to lead a great service whether you are with me or not.” And that’s just what He did.

Our worship is clearly led by the Holy Spirit. Philippians 3:3 says, “For it is we who are the circumcision, we who worship by the Spirit of God, who glory in Christ Jesus, and who put no confidence in the flesh” NLT

I have to be faithful to this and give glory to God. I know I should every week - but this week was a clear illustration I needed to share with you. Worship was great this week. I am here to testify that I had nothing to do with it. My flesh said no but God said yes.

Thank to God for Matt. We need more people like him who are lit up with the fire of His spirit!

I can’t wait for next week :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment